NOTE: Some cars may require the ignition switch to be turned to the second (accessory) position to program and operate your Homelink system.
STEP 1: clear all old programming in your car
• Hold the two outer buttons of the Homelink system in your car (#1 and #3) at the same time until the LED light on the Homelink system starts blinking fast
STEP 2: program each of your car’s Homelink buttons to work with your opener system(s)
• Press and hold the desired HOMELINK button in the car, and the button on your transmitter (remote control) at the same time and wait until the light on the Homelink blinks fast (this means it has learned the code)
• Repeat for each button of your Homelink system
If you have a Stanley Secure Code system or a Genie Intellicode system (i.e., if your motor unit – the part hanging from the ceiling of your garage -- has a LEARN/TEACH button on the back), proceed to step 3
STEP 3: program your Genie garage door opener
• Press the LEARN/TEACH button on back of motor unit (the part hanging from the ceiling of your garage)
• Press & hold the HOMELINK button on car 3 times, slowly. After the third time, the door should activate.
STEP 4: program your Stanley garage door opener
• Press the LEARN/TEACH button on back of motor unit (the part hanging from the ceiling of your garage). The LED light above the LEARN/TEACH button will flash.
• Press & hold the HOMELINK button on car and wait until the light on the Homelink system blinks fast